Monday, September 15, 2008

Still Standing



Little Papi turned 13 months old a week ago, but so far he hasn't shown much interest in walking unassisted. Which is just fine with me.
He cruises around the house holding onto the furniture.
Occassionally, he even walks on his hands and feet like a sort of backwards crab.
Just in the past two or three days, however, Little Papi has gleefully learned how to stand up all by himself. He's quite pleased with himself. As you can see from these photos.

He's wearing his new shoes. I recently had a rude awakening with respect to baby shoes. First, I did not know that children's shoes are just as expensive (or more!) as adult shoes. Second, I thought size 6.5 would be plenty big for Little Papi, since this size fits most 18 to 24 month olds, but his feet are gigantic.
I doubt these shoes will last more than a month or two. Sigh.

1 comment:

Jeuce said...

I think you are going to have to change the name of the blog, and not just on account of the size of his feet! He looks so tall that you are going to have to call him papi grande! He looks adorable with that huge standing grin!