Sunday, October 5, 2008

Little Papi at Fourteen Months




Little Papi is growing up fast. He turned 14 months old yesterday, and I realized that I haven't written much about the star of this blog.



Little Papi is walking now. At least a few steps here and there on his own. It's fascinating to watch him learn how to walk. He's a bit hesitant at first, but then gets so excited when he crosses he room and throws himself on he couch in victory! Can you imagine learning to walk?


Learning to walk involves lots of falling down and tripping up and bumps and bruises (and blood!). But, after a few tears, Little Papi gets right up and keeps on going with a big smile on his face. Go, Little Papi!






Another thing LP loves to do is to give hugs and kisses. I ask him, "Can I have a hug?" and LP immediately rests his head down on my shoulder or head or whatever body part he's next to and gives me a hug. So sweet! Although occassionally he'll get so excited to give me a hug that he'll bonk his head - or mine - in the process. His kisses can be kind of sloppy and snotty and wet, but I love them all.







One of my favorite things LP does is when I go into his room after he wakes up from his nap, he
holds up his blanket, or lately, his teddy bear, for me. He doesn't want me to take it from him, but he wants to show me how soft and cuddly it is. Then he sits in his crib and cuddles with his blanket for a minute until I pick him up. He likes to cuddle with soft things. Sometimes he'll lie on the floor in the front room with his head on one of our pillows, just enjoying the softness. The other day at the library, he took a stuffed animal and cuddled with it for a few minutes on the floor while all the other children were running around him.






Speaking of the library, LP doesn't seem to have much of an attention span for the library unless there are other children around to entertain him. If we're the only people in the Childrens' Room at the library, LP will make a break for it at his first opportunity. He loves to crawl on the smooth marble floors of the library, and I wish I could let him burn off some energy instead of having to keep picking him up and making sure he doesn't get run over by the book carts.





But if there other children around, we could spend all day sitting on the couch watching the children find books to read and play with the library's toys. LP loves to watch other children. He likes to read books, too. He has a few favorite books at home we like to read together. His absolute favorite book is one that his Grandma gave to him for his birthday. The book has little flaps that he can lift up and find the objects under the flaps. He likes to find the banana, the teddy bear, and the shirt. He's very smart.







What else can I tell you about Little Papi? There's so much! He's a handful, so full of energy. He loves to play outside and watch the trucks go by. He's a pretty good eater, and likes to eat yogurt for lunch. We're so lucky to have LP in our family!

1 comment:

Jeuce said...

he's looking so big, and his smile makes you want to do a jig when you see it!!